As of today you can include attachments in the email notifications you send with Knock.
Knock already enables you to dynamically update the content of your notifications with variable injection using the
data you pass to us in your notify calls, and now you can include one or more attachments within that payload and we'll attach them to your email messages at workflow runtime.
We had to do some interesting work under the hood here to support large incoming data payloads (more on that another time), but we're now able to process multiple files (up to 10mb each) in a rock solid way. We hope you're as attached to this feature as we are. 😁
Fixes and improvements
- 👀 Batch keys are no longer required on batch functions. When no batch key is provided we batch by the recipient and workflow by default
- 👀 We added a new "commit all" action in your development environment under the commits panel
- 👀 We improved the commits panel in the dashboard
- 👀 We made the logs page more obvious and not hidden under the "Developers" section
- 👀 Large binaries sent in your data payloads will now be truncated in API logs
- 🐛 We fixed a bug with our trigger condition logic where steps that didn't produce a message would always evaluate to false on trigger conditions referencing that output
- 🐛 We fixed an issue where Slack summaries were not optional (as they should have been)