Pricing that scales with you
From independent developers to Fortune 500 companies, Knock scales for any organization. Start powering your notifications today for free.
DeveloperFor testing and evaluation, or small-scale deployments.
- Unlimited channels
- Unlimited notification workflows
- Unlimited team members
- Batch and delay notifications
- Built-in multi-tenancy
- SSO via Google
StarterFor smaller teams looking to get started with cross-channel notifications.
- Remove Knock branding
EnterpriseFor organizations with high volume, security, control, or support needs.
- Per-customer branding and preferences
- Translation (i18n) support
- Send analytics data to Segment or your data warehouse
- Send observability data to Datadog
- Volume-based pricing
- Enterprise SLAs
- Shared Slack channel and priority support
- SAML 2.0 SSO
- HIPAA compliance / BAA
TRUSTED BY DEVELOPERS AT
Frequently asked questions
- What counts as a notification sent for usage billing purposes?
A notification sent is a single notification delivered to a single user on a single channel.
As an example, if you trigger a notification workflow that results in a user receiving an in-app message and an email, that counts as two notifications sent. If the same trigger resulted in zero notifications being sent (say because of a given user's notification preferences,) you wouldn't be charged.
We only charge for notifications sent, not notification workflows triggered within Knock.
- What happens if I go over the free plan limit and don't have a billing method in place?
We don't hard cap your notifications. Our priority is making sure the service continues to work as you'd expect. If you go over your limit, we'll get in touch with you about making sure you have a billing method in place next month. 👍
- Do you offer volume discounts?
We do! But only on our enterprise plan. You can get in touch with us if you're interested.
- How will I be charged and billed for my use of Knock?
There are no setup fees to begin using Knock. At the end of the month, your credit card will automatically be charged for that month’s usage.
- What is a channel?
In Knock a channel represents a single destination you send notifications to from our platform.
Here are a few examples of individual channels:
- A SendGrid account you use to send your transactional emails
- A Slack channel powering your customer-facing Slack bot
- A Knock in-app channel used for a notification feed
- A Knock in-app channel used for toast messages
- When does billing of my Knock usage begin and end?
Your Knock billing cycle starts when you upgrade to a paid plan. The day of the month you upgrade will be your billing cycle anchor every month moving forward.
Here's an example: you upgrade to a paid plan on the 15th of the month. You'll immediately be invoiced for the platform fee of that plan. Your next invoice will be due on the 15th of the next month. If your billing cycle anchor starts on a day that doesn't exist in a given month (e.g. the 31st of September,) we'll use the last day of the month instead.
We bill usage overages in arrears, so any usage you incur in a month will show up on your next month's invoice.
- If I use Knock, do I still pay for downstream messaging services such as Postmark and Twilio?
Yes. We do not currently manage billing for the downstream platform providers that deliver your notifications.
- Does Knock sign BAAs for HIPAA-compliant customers?
Yes. Knock is HIPAA compliant. We will sign BAAs for Enterprise plan customers.