Variable and state explorer
When you design a cross-channel notification, you use a lot of shared variables across each of its per channel templates. Whether a notification about a new comment is sent across email, push, or in-app, it's always going to include context about the page it was left on and who left it.
We just shipped our variable explorer to manage this shared state across the different channel templates you design within Knock. The variable explorer makes it super easy to see which properties are available for use within a given workflow, whether they are global variables within your Knock account, properties from your notify or identify calls, or even temporary state generated by functions within your workflow.
Create a property once, then use it across all of the channel templates within your notification workflow. Try it out and let us know what you think.
Amazon SES integration
We now support Amazon's Simple Email Service (SES) as an email provider within Knock. This means that if you already use SES to send emails to your customers, you can get a Knock email channel up and running in minutes. We handle all email orchestration and user preferences with SES, all you have to do is configure your notifications within Knock and we take care of the rest.
You can learn more about how to configure SES in your Knock account in our support documentation.
Leave us feedback
We added a new feedback component to the dashboard so you can tell us what you love and don't love about Knock. We want all the feedback we can get so have at it.
Fixes and improvements
- 👀 We improved the workflow builder so that recently configured channels appear in the builder without a browser refresh
- 👀 We improved the empty state in the workflow builder to help guide new users to channel configuration
- 👀 We updated the message details pane to make it more actionable
- 🐛 We fixed a bug in the message details pane where recipient info was being displayed instead of actor info
- 🐛 We fixed a bug related to multi-environment channel configuration