Only send a notification when...
A lot of homegrown notification systems use simple logic when determining whether to notify a user on a given channel: if they can be reached on that channel, notify them. We would know, we shipped plenty of notifications that way at previous companies.
It gets the job done, but it also sends your users redundant email and push notifications about things they may have already seen in your app. There's a ticket in your backlog about sending email based on a condition, but you can never quite get to it.
Now you can user Knock trigger conditions to tell a Knock workflow when it should notify certain channels and when it shouldn't. You can do things such as only send an email if the sibling in-app notification of that email is unread after ten minutes.
We're jazzed about Knock trigger conditions and we're excited to see what you build with them.
Fixes and improvements
- Added support for archiving workflows. Helpful for when you want to clear a workflow out of your dashboard that you aren't using anymore
- Added real-time preview variable updates when switching between edit and preview tabs in workflow editor
- Added local storage for preview variables so they persist as you navigate between different channels within a workflow
- Added support for filtering by workflow key on feed API
- Fixed an intermittent issue in feed when badge was only updating on feed open
- Fixed a bug where unexpected integers were appearing in preview variables
- Fixed a bug where iterating over workflow activities caused unexpected behavior in preview variables
- Fixed blockquote markdown issue
- Fixed a bug where adding variables to action URLs would add unexpected variables to the preview editor
- Moved data key to the top of the Feed API response payload for better DX
- Updated the auto-generated step name to be human readable
- Updated key fields so they don't allow whitespace characters